This page provides information on how Autoklinikka-yhtiöt Oy processes the personal data of data subjects in its filing systems.
- Purpose of data processing
- The personal data we process
- Recipients of personal data
- The data subject’s rights
Purpose of data processing
Autoklinikka processes personal data in order to provide repair services and assess damages and costs. The legal basis for this processing is the creation of, or the prior existence of, a contract between Autoklinikka and the data subject. The legal basis of this processing as a repair service is grounded in Autoklinikka’s legitimate interest in fulfilling a contract between Autoklinikka and a given organization. Billing information is processed as legally required.
We process personal data related to customer service and feedback. If the data is not related to providing repair services, the purpose of processing is Autoklinikka’s legitimate interest in providing excellent customer service.
Online services, marketing, and other processing
Providing online services requires the processing of online identifiers. We collect data on the use of our online services for statistical purposes and tailor our marketing based on this. Providing online services, collecting data on their use, and marketing is in our legitimate business interest. By providing quality online services we make it easier for potential customers to interact with us. Electronic marketing allows us to inform potential customers of our services and directs business to us. The data subject may also give their consent to marketing separately when contacting us about repair services.
We also process personal data of Finnish-speaking individuals to:
- Provide mapping, location, and guidance services.
- Take steps prior to entering into contracts with organizations.
- Inform potential clients of our services and market our services to them.
- Process employment applications we receive.
Legal obligations and preventing misuse
We process personal data while ensuring the security of our processing and facilitating the exercising of data subject rights. The exercising of data subject rights requires that we confirm the identity of the data subject. We store information on data subject rights requests to demonstrate compliance.
When necessary, we may process personal data in order to identify, prevent or investigate misuse of our services. This processing is based on Autoklinikka’s legitimate interest. By reducing misuse of our services, we are able to direct our resources into serving our customers according to our service promise.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling in the processing of personal data.
The personal data we process
We process the following personal data:
- Identification and contact information.
- Vehicle information, vehicle photos, and information related to repair services.
- Insurance and billing information.
- Messages we have received.
- Information provided in conjunction with employment applications.
- Online identifiers, information about client devices and information on the use of our online services.
- Based on specific consent, demographic and interest data about the user of online services.
- Location of client devices.
- Information on the exercising of data subject rights.
We collect data from data subjects and other companies which the data subject interacts with, such as insurance companies, leasing companies, and towing companies. We also collect data from our web services. When necessary we retrieve data from public sources, such as online services, phone registries, or vehicle registries. We also use external registries and surveys for marketing and communication purposes.
Obligatory fields on online forms or contracts are necessary for entering into a contract. Contracts may require us to request additional information.
- Data processed for providing repair services: 5 years.
- Data on the exercising of data subject rights: 2 years.
- Data processed with permission: for the duration permitted.
- Data processed during billing and bookkeeping: the legally required period.
- Data processed for employment applications: 6 months after the end of the application period.
- Analytics and marketing services: the minimum storage period required for processing and allowed by our partners.
- Data processed for informing business clients of our services: for the duration of this arrangement.
- Data processed for business-to-business marketing: the period required for sales and collaboration, up to 4 years after the most recent contact.
In other cases we store the data for one year.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data is processed by those Autoklinikka employees whose jobs involve processing. We transfer or disclose personal data to our partners based on their needs. Our partners are:
- Repair shops we are partnered with, at which the data subject receives services.
- Suppliers of loaner cars.
- Subcontractors used by repair services.
- Credit services at the request of the data subject.
- Analytics, marketing and advertising partners, such as Google, Facebook, Leadoo and Hotjar
- Communication service providers, such as Crisp and MailChimp.
- Online service providers.
- Service providers of systems used for repair services or marketing.
- Providers of billing or bookkeeping systems or services.
- Insurance companies.
- Other processors used by Autoklinikka.
- Traficom when data about the registered vehicle is obtained from Traficom’s data register for vehicles using the vehicle’s registration number.
- Government officials.
The recipients of personal data are bound by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. This personal data is not transferred outside of the European Union unless specifically mentioned.
The data subject’s rights
If you wish to exercise your rights, please send your request via email to email@example.com or by post to Autoklinikka-yhtiöt Oy, Nilsaksentie 1, 01510 Vantaa. We are required to confirm your identity, so please provide information allowing identification, such as a copy of your ID.
As a data subject, you have the right to:
- Restriction on processing
- Objection to processing
- Withdraw your consent
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.